On Saturday 9 June, we are delighted to welcome Aoife McElwain, food writer for The Irish Times, a freelance food stylist, a creative events producer, and host of the Sing Along Social to Ballinwillin House. Aoife is the author of "Slow at Work: How to Work Less, Achieve More and Regain Your Balance in an Always-On World" and wrote this book as a way of recovering from her own personal experience with burnout. To figure out if it was possible to cultivate a more sustainable approach to work, she studied topics including procrastination, the imposter syndrome, gut health, energy and recovery time, and interviewed a lot of busy people along the way. Through writing the book she has begun to learn the importance of knowing when to go fast and when to go slow.
Bryan McCarthy from Cork's award winning Greene's Restaurant and Cask will be the chef in residence for the event creating mouthwatering lunch and long table supper using locally sourced ingredients, including organic farmed venison and wild boar from Ballinwillin Farm.
• 12.00 noon Welcome by Aoife McElwain and participant introductions
• 1.00pm light lunch by award winning chef Bryan McCarthy*
• 2.00pm – 4.00pm Aoife McElwain presents
“Slow at Work” and “Fireside conversation” with Pat Mulcahy
• 4.00pm - 4.15pm tea/coffee
• 4.15pm – 5.15pm Tour of farm and gardens with Pat Mulcahy
• 5.15pm – 6.00pm Free time
• 6.00pm – 7.00pm Pre dinner drinks and recital in the drawing room with resident pianist
• 7.00pm – Set Menu Long Table Supper* with wines from Chateau Mulcahy in the dining room by award winning chef Bryan McCarthy
• 11.00pm – Carriages
Event ticket price: €175.00 per person
Maximum number: 14 guests
To book: Phone 025 84979 / 086 2561578. Credit card details will be taken at the time of booking.
*Set menu will include organic farmed venison and wild boar from Ballinwillin Farm.